Duane Washkowiak Background
History of involvement and track record of ROI for our Members and Clients at all levels of service, “I believe it is important to give back to the industry and leave it a little better for the future – that has been my goal in all of the roles I have taken on.” My business approach is very simple in working with my clients (several hundred transactions) or with other professionals inside of our industry – is to treat people with respect and follow through on commitments and treat folks like I would want to be treated.
• Current Board member – National and State Association of REALTOR’S
• FPC (Federal Policy Coordinator for AAR/NAR) for Congresswoman Sinema and have served in the past for others
• Member – Legislative committee at AAR
• Past RVP Region 4 for AAR
• Past-President at SEVRAR and Board member & REALTOR OF THE YEAR -1999
• Past-President at ARMLS and current Board member
• Past NAR Committee involvement
o Housing Opportunity
o MLS Committee
o Education Committee
• Realty Executives East Valley – Designated Broker – background in management and sales experience since 1990 in the Valley with major companies including Realty Executives, Coldwell Banker, Prudential and Century 21. Prior Corporate experience with GTE and Siemen’s Corporation at a Director level with Budget responsibility in excess of $6M expense side and product planning for over $80M in annual sales.
• Community Involved
o Served on several Boards for City of Tempe
o Currently serving on Tempe Police review commission
o Past Volunteer Tempe PD
o Ran for TUHSD school Board
o Past-Chair Site Council at Marcos de Niza HS
o Tempe Neighborhood Assn. President for Optimist Park NW
o Fund-raising for Tempe Marcos de Niza Band program
• Family – my wife and partner Pat is a Nurse Practitioner with Comprehensive Women’s Health in Gilbert, AZ and we have three sons, Mike and Eryn and my Grandchildren, Tim and Sarah, and Matt.
• Contact info: Duane@propertyinAZ.com and direct line at 602-430-7404
Business innovation, through the development of commercial products, processes and services, stimulates international competitiveness and economic growth. That’s why Gilbert, Arizona, is strongly committed to the principles of business collaboration, innovation and entrepreneurship. These principles serve as the economic drivers to which the young, affluent community located within the southeast valley of the Phoenix metropolitan area owes its beginnings.
Incorporated July 6, 1920, as a rail siding for the Arizona Eastern Railway, Gilbert was established on the property of William “Bobby” Gilbert. An agreement between landowner Gilbert and Frank Murphy produced the Phoenix and Eastern Railroad Company, Gilbert spur line and Gilbert Depot, creating the foundation for what is recognized today as the fourth* fastest growing community in the nation.
Mesa is the third-largest city in Arizona and the nation's 38th-largest city. The City provides the advantages of a thriving metropolis while maintaining the feel of a suburban environment.
With dynamic recreational, educational and business environments, Mesa enjoys the best in a variety of amenities including parks within easy walking distance from home, a variety of sports facilities that cater to athletes young and old, highly rated golf courses for every skill level, a diversity of special events and community festivals, and Mesa's ever-popular Chicago Cubs Spring Training baseball.
From its founding, Chandler has been a community built on innovation and community. With the addition of nearly 100,000 young, educated and affluent citizens in the last 10 years,Chandler is an exciting place to live and work.
Chandler boasts a strong, high tech employment base that attracts and retains high quality employees, many of whom make our community their home.